11th September 2011
11th December 2011
11th March 2012
10th June 2012
All meetings held at Old Swan Conservative Club, commencing at 8:00 pm
for Annual General Meeting of the Merseyside Quiz Leagues to be Sunday 17th April
of the Annual General Meeting of the Merseyside Quiz Leagues held at Old Swan
Cons Club on Sunday 17th April 2011 (commenced 8pm)
The minutes of the previous AGM
General Secretary's report
General Secretary's report
The meeting closed at 8.45pm
Agenda for the Council Meeting - 10th June 2012 at Old Swan Conservative Club, commencing at 8:00 pm
Minutes of the Council meeting of the Merseyside Quiz Leagues held at Old Swan Conservative Club on Sunday 11th March 2012 at 8:00 pm
1. Apologies: Were received from Brian Cunningham, Dag Griffiths and David Hodgson. In attendance were Frank McFarlane, Cliff Houghton, Jack Bennett, Brian Thompson, Angela Houghton, Brian Bates, Elaine Bates, Bob Wilkie, Paul Davitt, Ron Woods, Jim McGrath, Val Gannon, Alan Ainsworth and Bill Thomas.
2. Minutes of previous meeting: The previous minutes having been circulated were accepted as a true and fair record.
3. Matters Arising: None
4. Chairman's report: The Chairman passed on thanks from the family of Syd Spilsbury which had been received via CTK Wanderers. He also reported that Brian Platt of the Liverpool League had passed away.
5. General Secretary's report: The General Secretary had no report.
6. Treasurer's report: There was no report.
7. Assistant General Secretary's report: Sets had all been received but with some delay at the end of the season.
8. Area reports: Liverpool - The Riley Cup was due to start on 16thApril. Northern - All OK. Ormskirk -no report. Southport & Formby -Scarisbrick Hotel had moved to The Sir Henry Segrave and had won a play-off to win the Division 1 title. Warrington - All OK, A table quiz was held on January 20th in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care thanks were given to the Assistant Gen Sec for his work in setting and asking the questions. Wirral - no report.
9. Competitions: President's Trophy had been completed but a play-off between Ormskirk and Southport & Formby was necessary to decide the winner. President's Shield and Challenge had been won by Liverpool 2, Liverpool 3 were having difficulty fielding a team. Merseyside Challenge Cup was at the semi-final stage. Mimir Trophy would be held at the Unison Club, St Helens on Thursday 24th May 2012, some question sets had not yet been received. Feeny & Rendon -Finals would be held at St Charles Parish Club, Aigburth Road, Liverpool along with the final of the MQL Plate on Thursday17th May 2012. The General Secretary questioned whether the Feeny and Rendon competitions were still viable in light of the number of withdrawals that take place. After some discussion it was decided that a motion be proposed for the AGM to gauge support. It was also suggested that a new competition be introduced to run alongside the Merseyside Challenge Cup to encourage entry from lower league teams, a further suggestion was that these competitions be made compulsory. The Gen Sec would draft possible motions for discussion prior to the final date for submission (March 25th).
10. MQL Website:
It was decided to defer discussion on this point as the Treasurer (and
Webmaster) was not present.
12. Next meeting: Sunday 10th June 2012 at 8pm at Old Swan Cons. AGM on Sunday 22nd April, also 8pm at Old Swan Cons.